Egypt is a really wonderful; place with so many remarkable tourist destinations. Millions of people are visiting the country each year. There are many possibilities to get entertainment from Giza Pyramids to water sports on the Mediterranean shores. Here are things you should do:
- Egyptian Museum, Cairo: This museum has a collection of over 120,000 items with different categories. You can find archaeological artifacts from the First Dynasty to the Late Period. You may also find the treasure of King Tutankhamen.
- Naama Bay: Naama Bay is located at the Sharm el Sheikh in the southern portion of the Sinai Peninsula. It is a comfortable place to visit with good pedestrian promenade and stylish coastal hotels. Naama should be ideal for couples and group travellers. The sparkling waters of the Red Sea is great for snorkelling to see tropical fish and excellent coral formation.
- Montazah Palace: Located east of Alexandria, the Montazah Palace was constructed in the end of the 19th century by the last khedive of Egypt, Abbas Hilmi Pasha. It has a big garden that covers an area of about 150 acres with various flowers, palms and trees. You can see views that overlook various beaches and natural bays.
- Valley of the Kings: It’s the place where we can find legendary tombs of the Pharaohs and various powerful nobles, particularly from the New Kingdom period. We could learn about the lifelong preparation for the afterlife among ancient Egyptian people. For many centuries, these tombs are secret and we could see that they are still protected today.
- Giza Pyramids: These majestic ancient structures are probably the most iconic all around Egypt. It’s consisted of three big pyramids, Cheops, Chefren and Mykerinos. However, there are eleven smaller pyramids in the area and 90 more pyramids distributed all around Egypt. Cheops is the biggest of all and it’s definitely worth a visit.
- Ras Mohammed National Park: It’s a slender peninsula at the southernmost portion of the Sinai peninsula. It has a dramatic promontory that allows you to observe the surrounding area. It’s a place with incredible landscape, with diverse variety of fish and rare animal species.
- Scuba Diving: As a country with fairly long coastal areas and warm temperature, Egypt is a great place for scuba diving. The Red Sea is known for its rich fish species. A popular place for diving in Egypt is the Giftun Island, Straits of Tiran, Seven Pillars, Ras Mohammad National Park and Panorama Reef.
- The New Library of Alexandria: The original library of Alexandria was established by Alexander the Great in the 4th century BC, then expanded by Ptolemy I, his successor. Much of the original manuscripts have been destroyed, but you can still get a sense of the grandeur in the area.
- Karnak Temple: Karnak Temple is separated into three areas, with the largest measuring about 30 hectares. It’s dedicated for the God Amon and probably the earliest among four ancient temples at Thebes. You can also find other sanctuaries for the God Manatee and the Goddess Mut, represented as a vulture.